Saturday, June 23, 2007

Whoops I Missed A Week!

I can't believe how fast time is going. June is almost over and I just can't seem to find the time to get anything done. But Ruston is gone for the weekend and I'm hoping to get a few things accomplished while he's away. He flew to Salt Lake City today to interview (Monday) for a residency position at the VA and U of Utah hospitals. He'll be back Tuesday evening and back to school again on Wednesday. It's lonely without him home, but I can only wish him all the luck in the world because I know how much a residency program means to him and to our family. I'm sure he'll do great.

I can not wait for our vacation to Oregon next month! I miss both our parents SO much and am really starting to get homesick for extended family. It hardly seems to bring relief that by next Father's Day we will be back west. I just don't know if it can come soon enough. Chambray turned 10 and we weren't around to give her a big hug and kiss; a card hardly seems to do justice. I miss all of our neices and nephews and it hurts my heart that we can't be around them more. At least Elli is young enough that she will never remember a time in her life when family wasn't close by. I have always, always loved our family - but I believe you can not truly appreciate what you have until it's gone. And I am looking forward to next year with all my heart.

But speaking of extended family, we just found out that Lauren and Josh are getting sealed in the St. George Temple this next Saturday. We are so excited for them and wish we could be there. Congratulations you guys! We love you!!

I wish you all could see Elli these days. She cracks me up all the time. She is trying to say all sorts of new words and works so hard to speak clearly that you can just feel her effort. I gave her a kiwi this morning and she proudly replied "wiwi" after her first mouth-puckering bite. She can say "nose" and "sock" now too. It's so fun to watch her learn.

Keep Ruston's interviews in your prayers and feel free to call our house (he has the cell phone) and keep me company anytime this weekend. We love you all and hope you're having a great summer.

No comments: