Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ice Cream, Pickles and Front Row Tickets to the Porcelain Bowl!

What a week! I'm sure glad that we have wanted this baby for so long, because if I had to go through this much nausea for a baby I wasn't sure I wanted this would be so hard. Sleeping seems to be the only real relief; although I have found some suitable alternatives when snoozing isn't an option (accupressure wristbands, sugar-free jolly ranchers, smelling lemons, etc.) The nights are always the worst, but the daytime offers little breaks here and there. I'll survive! I'm guessing this will all be over in two more weeks. That's when I finally stopped feeling queasy with Elli. Here's to hoping! On a happy note, I did have a doctor's appointment yesterday (Monday) and got to hear the baby's little heartbeat for the first time! It was quiet (understandably, as it is only the size of an olive) but the beat was strong and the doctor seemed pleased. If you're keeping track, I'm 10 weeks along right now.

Ruston is getting closer to his residency interviews in Salt Lake later this month. There are so many decisions to make, but still so much that is out of our control. We can only choose to go where he is accepted, and that means we still have a lot of waiting to do. Until then he is enjoying his time back in school and clinic.

Elli has been a real trooper through my morning sickness. She has started playing alone more regularly (a good milestone of maturity for toddlers) and hardly ever whines. She and I eat a lot of saltine crackers together and I think naptime is both of our favorite time of day. She learned how to say "cookie" this past weekend and has discovered water bottles - way more cool to drink from than a sippy cup! Her word for bottle is very similar to bubble, so we have to pay closer attention to what she is asking for, but we're all figuring it out.

That's our news this week. We hope you are having a great summer!

Love, The Munks

No comments: