Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Summer Is Here!

Well, this past week didn't end up being as busy as I thought. Due to Elli getting sick again with those painful mouth sores (highly contagious by the way) our friends decided to have their kids go to someone else's house for the week. We still got their dog, but he spent most of the time outside because my stomach rolled over every time he came near me. He's a good dog, he just smells bad. So we got off fairly easy.

Elli is better now. She still cries when we brush her teeth, but I think that is just because she got out of the habit. Ruston just taught her to give him a high-five. If she is sad about anything, he simply has to ask for a high-five and she smiles so big. Life is good when daddy is home, she loves him so much. She also just learned two new words - "wow" and "um". Ruston will tell you that she got them both from me. I must say them more than I realize because she actually uses them correctly. If she sees a shiny new thing she gazes at it admiringly and says "wow!" Or if we ask her where something is she thoughtfully looks around and says "ummm" as if to tell us to wait while she thinks about it. She cracks me up!

Ruston started summer term today. I think he only has one class during the entire semester and then the rest of the time is clinic. The class is a business planning class. I'm excited for it because it means we are that much closer to graduation and the rest of our lives. Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed our three years here. We've made great memories, but my two best friends are moving away this month and I am going to miss them so much. I wish them the best in life and hope that we will keep in contact.

Everything else has been pretty normal for us this past week. I'm still sick all the time, but it's worth every bit of it to be pregnant. Only one more month and it should go away. We are anxiously counting down the days until our vacation to Oregon this summer! We can't wait to see everyone and give you all hugs and kisses. We love you all and hope you are all well.

Happy Summer!

No comments: