Monday, May 14, 2007

Back From Vacation!

Sorry this posting is late. We just got in last night from our vacation in North Carolina. The wedding was beautiful and we all had a great time at the reception - even Elli. She was such a trooper for us the whole trip. It's hard enough to sit in the car for hours at a time as an adult, but being strapped into a car seat is probably worse. She napped and ate snacks, we sang songs and played car games. It was a great trip overall!

Elli has learned a new word from the vacation too...buckle. Because she had to get buckled in all the time she started saying it when we got into the car. She tries so hard to say it right, you can really see her determination, but despite all efforts it always comes out "bubble-ck". That "ck" sound just won't go in the middle of the word like it should and it's so cute to listen to her trying to get it right. We love her so much and thank Heavenly Father everyday for such a wonderful little girl.

I went to my first doctors appointment this morning! I'm officially six weeks pregnant! I'm not sure when I started feeling sick last time, but I'm sure it will happen soon. Oh well, just part of being pregnant I guess. The doctor (Dr. Shawi) said that my due date will be January 8, 2008 - not the 11th like we had thought. That's good for me as long as the baby is ready then. I'll probably not expect it to come till later and then be pleasently surprised if it happens sooner. That's the safe route!

Ruston is enjoying his time off from school (sometimes I think he's enjoying it a little too much!) but has some plans for projects around the house. It's summer vacation, so I'm not expecting very much to actually happen, but here's to hoping! Happy summer everyone!

No comments: