Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fun In Utah

Wow! After these past weeks, there is so much to write about. Anything I missed, you can read about it on Andrea's blog. She has a lot of great pics too, so check her out. Anyway, these first pictures are in Utah for our Munk Family Reunion. Andrea and her kids were vacationing with us in Oregon so we all drove together to Utah where we met up with Lauren and her kids. First stop was the Dinosaur Park and Museum in Ogden Canyon. That was great. I was a little unsure at first when Andrea's kids told me how scary it was (I can't hardly watch Jurassic Park, what were my poor little babies going to be like with those big monsters?!) But to my complete surprise - the kids loved it. Neither one got scared. Go figure! We did have a little issue with Elli getting sleepy in the middle of the walking trail, but after some coersive persuasion and a few threats we went on our way. This was a great place for all kids and adults. Even Ruston got to find a statue of his favorite dino...the ankliosaurus (big spikey ball on the tail!) Unfortunately his camera ran out of batteries within the first 20 minutes of being there. So, again, see Andrea's blog for more pics.

The next day we were in Salt Lake City. Ruston's and my old stomping grounds. Go Utes! It was great to be back to visit. Lots had changed, but there was still plenty that we remembered. We decided we'll have to go back another time when we can go do activities without our kids holding us back. The restaurants, parks, stores, and church sites - all brought back a wave of memories from when we were dating. What a fun time. We all went to Gateway Mall to let the kids play in the splash park. It was so stinking hot! I don't think anyone actually played in the water except Andrea's kids - but we all enjoyed watching the fountains. Ruston only got to stay for a day and a half because of work (ya I know - those silly people with jobs...always spoiling the fun!) but we did try to pack as much time as we could while he was there. I was sad we couldn't see Jason or Josh - but I guess they had to work too? Maybe next year guys. We missed you.

I had more stuff written here, but a glitch in my computer just erased it. I will retype it tomorrow. Too tired for now.

No comments: