Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Three Weeks Until Christmas

Can you believe how fast time is going? Wow! Elli's birthday came and went. She had so much fun with her friends. The blue cupcakes were a (messy) hit and the girls loved being able to run free around the giant playland. There was a little issue of Elli's birthday candle though. Upon opening it from it's orginal packaging, Mickey's head fell off. Trying not to scar Elli for the rest of her life, from seeing her beloved hero headless, we scurried to find a lighter to melt his waxy head to his body. Well, I guess Grandma wasn't paying very close attention to what she was doing and...suffice it to say we were in the middle of singing happy birthday when I suddenly realized that Mickey's tail was not in the back where it should be - no, no it was coming out the front! His head had been put on backward! I could've died laughing, it was so funny. Elli didn't notice and so for now her innocent mind remains clean.

On her real birthday (the party was the day before), we had pancakes with blue frosting and Elli got to play in all the leaves in the back yard. She had so much fun. Later, she opened presents then we went bowling and to McDonalds for dinner. She was the happiest kid alive that day. Sorry details are a little short, but it would take forever to write about everything.

Then, comes Thanksgiving. My parents came out to Vale to be with us. We had a wonderful time. The food was fantastic and everyone got along! I can't remember the last Munk family function where that happened! Anyway, we had a moment to talk about what we were grateful for and had a few laughs and tears as we shared our feelings. It was a special time for me to have the two best moms ever in the same room with me. I am so grateful for my mom and Viola for all they have and continue to teach me. I never would have guessed six months ago that we would still be living here. But we are and we love it. And to live only a few hours from my parents makes life that much sweeter. I hope you all had a great holiday too.

So, next comes Christmas! Let me tell you - I love Christmas! Everything about it is terrific. We have started getting into Viola's Christmas decorations and we are going to have some fun putting them all up. Her house is like this magical Christmas wonderland when it's done up right. I can't wait! We have finally figured out plans for after Christmas. We'll be going to Vegas for New Year's and the days following to attend Marissa's baptism. It will be a long car ride, but it will be so worth it to spend a week with family. I can't think of a better way to spend the holidays. Merry Christmas everyone! I think I'm going to go bake some cookies!

Love, Alesha

1 comment:

Andi said...

Miss you all! The girls are soooo big! Aunt Andi can't wait to eat them up!